Arkansas Athletics, the Razorback Foundation and A Club will join to laud and induct 14 former University of Arkansas Razorback athletes into the UA Sports Hall of Fame on Sept. 13.
The festivities include a benefit golf tournament at 8 a.m. at Fayetteville Country Club. The induction ceremony at the Fayetteville Town Center will begin with a social hour and cocktails at 5:45 p.m., followed by the ceremony and banquet at 6:45 p.m.
Honorees will be recognized just before the Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Colorado State University kickoff at 3 p.m. Sept. 14.
The mission of the UA Sports Hall of Honor is to "to pay tribute and extend recognition to those individuals who have made significant contributions to the honor and fame of the University of Arkansas and its athletic programs and to showcase the history and tradition of the Razorbacks."
The 2019 class of inductees are:
• Kevin Campbell, baseball;
• James Cathcart, men's basketball;
• Dick Cunningham, football;
• David Dickey, football;
• Joe Johnson, men's basketball;
• David Lingmerth, men's golf;
• Anthony Lucas, football;
• Hal McAfee, football;
• Aurelija Miseviciute, women's tennis;
• LaShaunte'a Moore, women's track and field;
• Wallace Spearmon Jr., men's track and field'
• Martin Smith, football/swimming;
• Tommy Trantham, football; and
• Lee Yoder, men's track and field.
-- CARIN SCHOPPMEYER firstname.lastname@example.org
Sports Hall of Honor golf tournament and induction ceremony
Who: University of Arkansas
What: Fourteen former Arkansas Razorback athletes will be inducted.
When: 8 a.m. Sept. 13
Where: Fayetteville Country Club
Registration: $350 per golfer or $1,400 per foursome
Ceremony and banquet
When: 5:45 p.m. Sept. 13
Where: Fayetteville Town Center
Information: (479) 443-9000
NAN Our Town on 09/05/2019
Print Headline: Former Razorback athletes to be lauded, inducted