Today's Paper Obits Crime Today's Photos Prep Sports Four's telling Northwest Profiles Opinion: A life sacrificed Puzzles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

A 12-year-old boy made sure everyone got out during a house fire Saturday night, the Gosnell Fire Department said.

Investigator Andrew Wyles said authorities were dispatched to an address in the 500 block of Hillman Street about 10:30 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames billowing from the back of the home.

Wyles said the boy, Brock Moore, woke up to the smell of smoke and made sure the other two children in the house got out. He also rescued a woman in the home who had a broken leg from an accident weeks before.

Brock was taken to the emergency room because he was coughing from the smoke but was released a few hours later, Wyles said.

The house was significantly damaged and likely a total loss, the investigator said. An electrical problem in the attic caused the blaze.

State Desk on 12/21/2017

Print Headline: Boy, 12, credited for 3 fire rescues

Sponsor Content

Comments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT