Neal's Cafe Celebrates 70 Years As Springdale Landmark
Posted: September 1, 2014 at 1 a.m.
SPRINGDALE -- Folks in Northwest Arkansas can get more than just a home-cooked meal at Neal's Cafe. They can also get a political lecture, the lowdown on Razorback football or brilliant marital advice. Just ask the regulars sitting at that long table by the fireplace drinking coffee every morning.
AT A GLANCE
806 N. Thompson St., Springdale
Open 6 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 6 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
Carry-out orders: 479-751-9996 or 479-750-0090
By The Numbers
• 70 Percent: Restaurants that are single-unit operations
• 80 Percent: Restaurant owners started careers in entry-level positions
• 90 Percent: Restaurants with fewer than 50 employees
• $683.4 billion: Restaurant industry sales
• 990,000: Restaurants in the United States
• 13.5 million: Restaurant industry employees
• 10 Percent: Restaurant workforce as part of the overall U.S. workforce
• 47 Percent: Restaurant industry share of the food dollar
Source: National Restaurant Association
This story is only available from our archives.