Ambulance Contract Approved With Benton County
Officials Considering Ending Calls Outside City
Posted: March 26, 2014 at 5 a.m.
The City Council approved a contract Tuesday to provide ambulance service to rural Benton County, a service the city has provided for years the Fire Department would like to see end.
AT A GLANCE
Springdale’s City Council met Tuesday and approved:
• Rezoning 5.2 acres at Elm Springs and Oak Grove roads owned by Steenbergen Family from general commercial to thoroughfare commercial; rezoning 1 acre at 1503 Carley Road owned by Jimmy and Mary Allred from neighborhood office to general commercial
• Amending requirements for the zoning ordinance to adjust parking spaces for new businesses
• On-call pay for the fire marshal and a backup battalion chief at a cost of $5,475
• A contract for mutual aid with the Lowell Fire Department
• A construction management contract for three fire stations with Commerce Construction Co.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.