Lake Atalanta Dredging Project Scheduled To Begin In Late Summer
Posted: March 25, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Dredging Lake Atalanta, a component of the lake renovation project, is expected to begin this summer. But the outcome of tonight's road meeting could make money for the project an issue, city officials said.
Lake Atalanta dredging is scheduled to begin in late summer.
• Dredging should take two to three months.
• Hydro-dredging will be used to remove silt from the lake bottom.
• A hydro-dredging machine, 70 feet long and 16 feet wide, can remove about one-third of acre of soil 2 feet deep per day.
• The lake will be open to the public during the project.
• Estimated cost of the project is $1.3 million.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.