(Advertisement)

Jet's dead leave Ukraine rebel turf

Train’s body count comes up short, Dutch official says

Posted: July 23, 2014 at 3:33 a.m.

Pro-Russian rebels, right, followed by members of the OSCE mission, walk by plane wreckage as they arrive for a media briefing at the crash site of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, near the village of Hrabove, eastern Ukraine, Tuesday, July 22, 2014. A team of Malaysian investigators visited the site along with members of the OSCE mission for the first time since last week's crash. (AP Photo/Vadim Ghirda)

KHARKIV, Ukraine -- Bodies of victims and the flight recorders from the Malaysia Airlines jetliner destroyed by a missile last week over eastern Ukraine were delivered by a lumbering freight train Tuesday to Kharkiv, a city controlled by the central government, completing the initial phases of an agreement with pro-Russia rebels negotiated by Malaysia.

This story is only available from our archives.

(Advertisement)



« Previous Story

Britain to revisit Russian dissident's poison...

Marina Litvinenko, the widow of former Russian intelligence officer Alexander Litvinenko, speaks during a press conference at her lawyer's offices in London, Tuesday, July 22, 2014.  The British government Tuesday announced plans for a wide-ranging public inquiry into the 2006 death of poisoned ex-Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko. The decision, which comes at a time of rising tensions with Russia, means investigators can look into whether the Russian state played a role in Litvinenko's demise.  (AP Photo/Matt Dunham)

LONDON -- The U.K. announced Tuesday that it will hold a public inquiry into the poisoning of Russian dissiden... Read »

Next Story »

Nigeria's leader meets with lost girls' paren...

Nigeria President, Goodluck Jonathan, third left, greets parents of the kidnapped girls of the Chibok government secondary, in Abuja, Nigeria. Tuesday, July 22, 2014. The Nigerian president met for the first time with parents of 219 kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls and dozens of classmates who managed to escape from their Islamic extremist captors. Jonathan assured them of his determination that those still in captivity "are brought out alive," presidential spokesman Reuben Abati told reporters after the meeting.  (AP Photo)

ABUJA, Nigeria -- President Goodluck Jonathan met for the first time Tuesday with parents of 219 kidnapped Nig... Read »