Mayor Recommends Raises For Fayetteville Workers
Aldermen To Consider Increase Next Week
Posted: February 26, 2014 at 5 a.m.
More than 700 city employees will get bigger paychecks beginning April 4 if aldermen approve 2014 raises next week.
Fayetteville City Council
The Fayetteville City Council is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Room 219 of the City Administration Building, 113 W. Mountain St. On the agenda:
• A nearly 4 percent pay increase for more than 700 employees
• A resolution expressing the City Council's intent to sell a strip of land on the east side of a planned parking deck to the nonprofit group, Partners for Better Housing, for work force housing
• A set of ordinance changes aimed at promoting urban agriculture
• A plan to pave or reseal 8.2 miles of streets and build 6.1 miles of sidewalk in 2014
• A $406,000 contract with McGoodwin, Williams and Yates to design improvements to the city's Recycling and Trash Collection facility on Happy Hollow Road
• An $83,000 contract with Crafton Tull & Associates to design improvements to the Lake Fayetteville Softball Complex.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.