(Advertisement)

HOROSCOPES BY HOLIDAY

Posted: November 21, 2013 at 2:35 a.m.

Happy birthday. Pleasing circumstances around your family, friends and love life send you into the new year with a smile. A personal goal will require you to push yourself and make choices that are not always popular with your crew. February brings financial success.

ARIES (March 21-April 19):A gleaming prize gets you interested in learning, but you’ll realize that the end result isn’t even the best part. The gold is in the small steps that expand your skills and mind.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20):These gifts you were given are meant to be shared, not hoarded. It’s time to use your talent. Give it away, sell it, publicize it, adapt it, and use it again in different ways.

GEMINI (May 21-June 21): Powerful people can do more good in the world than people without power.

The trouble is that most people don’t recognize just how powerful they really are.

CANCER (June 22-July 22): It’s not fun to go without when those around you have plenty. And yet, you’re better for having done this in your lifetime.

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Changing your mind doesn’t automatically make you a flip-flopper. It may instead be a sign of growth and intelligence.

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): You are not afraid to make an unusual choice. That’s because you accept yourself, and that’s more important to you than knowing that other people accept you.

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 23): You don’t like to be flattered with words that are obviously not specific to you. But today someone will notice what you value and give you props for your choices, and that will feel terrific.

SCORPIO (Oct. 24-Nov. 21): With buying comes risk, especially when you’re buying into a belief. Believing can provide comfort, and yet it can also block you from the possibilities that come with an open mind.

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Many people are more concerned with living well than with living nobly. But you cannot feel satisfied with the trappings unless you know you’ve come by them through noble means.

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Be orderly.This probably means you’ll have to cut something out.You may have to cut out 80 percent of it. The remaining 20 percent should be much easier to organize.

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): There’s a lot of fantasy going on in your personal life. You’re imagining, the other person is imagining. Those fantasies will connect at some points.

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): You are usually so generous in your approach to groups, but what you are dealing with today is not a group effort.You’re in charge.

Weekend, Pages 34 on 11/21/2013

(Advertisement)



« Previous Story

HELPFUL HINTS

DEAR HELOISE: I buy shampoo, conditioner, soap and toothpaste in bulk. With a marker, I label the bottles before putting them away. For example, if I buy a package of five ... Read »

Next Story »

If friends ask you for your opinion, then giv...

DEAR CAROLYN: A good friend recently ended a years-long relationship because of her boyfriend’s emotional limitations. After they broke up, I let her know I had always wond... Read »