Boulevard, Alcohol On Agenda
Residents Worry About Safety If Fifth Street Is Extended
Posted: January 22, 2013 at 5 a.m.
City leaders will continue a discussion on the future of North Walton Boulevard at tonight’s City Council meeting, a week after a public hearing drew vocal opposition to one component of the plan.
Items on tonight’s Bentonville City Council meeting agenda include:
• A contract with Downtown Bentonville Inc. for $30,000 to provide services to the city.
• An ordinance authorizing to mayor to contract with Holophane Ornamental Lighting to provide street lights for the city at a cost of $565,783.
• A bid award to Construmarr Inc. for the construction of restrooms and a concession stand at the Elm Tree ball fields at a cost of $215,000.
• A contract with Clinard Construction to assist the Fire Department in the design of Station No. 6 on Southwest I Street.
• A budget adjustment for $10,000 to the Bentonville Public Library for a grant from the American Library Association.
• A budget adjustment of $25,000 to replace a police unit that was involved in a motor vehicle accident Dec. 23.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.