Runners Prepare For Race
Residents Join Training Program For Half Marathon
Posted: January 21, 2013 at 5 a.m.
“It is amazing what I get reeled into.” So writes David Wright, director of the city’s Parks and Recreation Department, in a blog documenting his training for the Bentonville Half Marathon.
At A Glance
Bentonville will host a three-race series and begin a seven-race series this year. Points will accumulate throughout each series. The first is a three-race series, with awards being given after the Bentonville Running Festival on April 6. The second series starts Sept. 7 and is a seven-race series concluding at the Bentonville Running Festival in 2014.
• Valentine’s 4K/8K: Feb. 9
• Orchards Park 5K: March 2
• Bentonville Running Festival: April 6
• Memorial Park Glow Run: May 31
• Razorback Greenway 5K: Sept. 7
• Goblin Run 4K/8K: Oct. 26
• Frosty 5K: Dec. 1
• Valentine’s 4K/8K: Feb. 8, 2014
• Orchards Park 5K: March 1, 2014
• Bentonville Running Festival 2014
To follow Wright and Pollard on their journey or for more information about the race, visit www.runbentonville.com/blog/.
This story is only available from our archives.