Grant Helps Hire More Firefighters
Posted: January 5, 2013 at 4:51 a.m.
A two-year Department of Homeland Security grant will allow the city to hire six firefighters.
At A Glance
Rogers City Council
When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Council Chambers, City Hall, 301 W. Chestnut St.
On the agenda:
• A $9,395 contract with Radiophone for a computer upgrade in the dispatch center
• A $3,694 grant form the Arkansas Fire Prevention Commission
• A $48,600 contract with FTN & Associates for work on the Blossom Way Creek project
• Amending Chapter 14 of the City Code changing some wording in the design standards for driveways and sidewalks
• A lease extension and assignment agreement with Spectrasite Communications for a cellular tower at Dock Wheeler Park, the site of the new aquatic center
• A $200,000 contact with the Rogers-Lowell Industrial Development Corporation, which will handle economic development services for the city in 2013.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.