County To Replace Bridges
Colonel Meyers, Fisher Ford Closed For Years
Posted: February 11, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Residents of southwestern Benton County may finally look forward to using of a pair of bridges that have long been closed to traffic.
At A Glance
Fisher Ford Bridge over the Illinois River was built in 1903 by the Leavenworth Bridge Co. The total length of the bridge is 201 feet. Colonel Meyers Bridge across Osage Creek was built in 1911 by the Youngstown Bridge Co. The total length of the bridge is 127 feet.
Source: Benton County
This story is only available from our archives.