Clark To Retire From Rogers Staff — Again
Posted: December 8, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Some people have two careers in a lifetime, three is more unusual unless you are Jim Clark, a Rogers deputy city attorney.
At A Glance
Jim Clark, deputy city attorney, offers some thoughts on the law:
• The law is the same, but the practice of law is different, it doesn’t seem to be about justice any more. The courts are overcrowded pushing attorneys to make deals rather than seek true justice for the public and the accused.
• There are too many people in jails and prisons for drug-related offenses.
• Marijuana should be legalized. Clark said he doesn’t think it's a "gateway drug."
• Other drugs, such as methamphetamine, are dangerous, not only to those who use them, but to the general public as well. Those offenders should be prosecuted.
• Despite its faults, the United States’ courts are the best legal system in the world.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.