Springdale Elementary Students Create District’s First 'App'
Posted: August 31, 2013 at 5 a.m.
Devin Gill, 9, wants to work with technology when he grows up and is getting a head start by helping create a smartphone application with information about Sonora Elementary School.
At A Glance
What It Means
• HTML: Also known as hypertext markup language, programmers write HTML to create the visuals and elements of a program or application for people to interact with.
• Java Script: What programmers write to create interactive elements in a program or application. Java Script can’t function without being combined with HTML or some other computer programing language.
• Script: The instructions programs and applications used to perform a desired action.
• Code: The programming language that computers interpret in order to perform actions.
Source: Staff Report
At A Glance
Sonora Elementary Smartphone Application Contents
• Bus routes
• Lunch menus
• Calendar of school events
• Program for parents to make meal payments
• GradeBook for parents to check grades
• School and teacher contact information
• Parent Teacher Association information
• Access to Facebook
• Access to Twitter
Source: Sonora Elementary School Environmental And Spatial Technology program
This story is only available from our archives.