Road Name Vote Split
Mayor Breaks Tie, Leaving Garrett Road As Is
Posted: April 24, 2013 at 5 a.m.
What’s in a name? Residents along Garrett Road say there's a lot in a name and it depends on where the resident lives whether changing the name of the road to Cross Creek Boulevard is a good or a bad thing.
At A Glance
Rogers' City Council met Tuesday and approved:
• A $158,962 contract with DECCO Inc. for the Dixieland Road and sidewalk improvement projects.
• A $434,461 contract with J&L Concrete for the Second Street drainage improvement project.
• A $4,455 contract with Fochtman Enterprises for clearing utility easements along the southern end of Monte Road in preparation a widening project.
• Renaming a portion of Amis Road to Pleasant Ridge Road.
• Amending City Code Section 16. Small word changes were made throughout the section to clarify definitions.
• Rezoned 103 N. B Street from residential duplex to light industrial.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.