Judges Prepare For New Year
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 4:50 a.m.
Brad Karren and Tom Smith are preparing to take the bench next year and serve alongside four other circuit judges in Benton County.
At A Glance
Court Division Judges
• Robin Green handles criminal and some civil cases. She was elected in 2008, replacing Tom Keith who retired.
• Jon Comstock’s time on the bench will end at the new year. Brad Karren was elected to the judgeship. The division handles criminal and civil cases.
• Mark Fryauf’s time on the bench will end at the new year. Tom Smith was elected to the judgeship and will preside over juvenile and adult drug courts. He also will be assigned domestic and probate cases.
• John Scott was appointed judge in 2001 to replace Donald Huffman who retired. The division handles domestic, probate and civil matters.
• Xollie Duncan was appointed in 2000 to replaced Oliver Adams who had died. She was elected to her first term in 2002. The division handles domestic, probate and civil matters.
• Doug Schrantz was elected in 2008 to preside over a new judgeship created by the state. The division handles domestic, probate and civil matters.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.