Practicing Safety In Circles
Roundabouts Keep Traffic Moving
Posted: December 13, 2012 at 5 a.m.
Plans for additional roundabouts in Rogers prompted police to review traffic safety of Rogers’ existing roundabout on Pauline Whittaker Parkway. Traffic is flowing, said Keith Foster, public information officer for Rogers police, but the roundabout has logged eight accidents so far this year.
At A Glance
One roundabout has opened in Rogers and five others are possible in the near future.
• Pauline Whittaker Parkway and Pinnacle Hills Parkway roundabout
• West entrance to Regional Sports Park
• Intersection of Dixieland Road and Laurel Avenue
• An intersection of First Street, Monte Ne Road, and Arkansas and Oak streets
• Monte Ne Road and Amis Road
• Veteran's Park entrance
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.