Our new app not only provides the replica edition of the newspaper, it now will feature live news updated throughout the day.
Immediately when you open the app, you'll notice several differences from the previous version. You can swipe left and right through the recent replica editions available. You can also scroll up to see a feed of the latest news articles.
Here's a few of our favorite features:
1. Home Button - click here anytime to be returned to the very top of the latest news.
2. My Library Button - click here to see your saved articles.
3. Calendar Button - click here to easily pick the digital replica edition you want to view, up to 60 days back.
4. Sections Button - click here to jump immediately to the news of a particular section, such as Sports or Business.
When you click on a headline you'll see impressive new features in the articles themselves:
1. Share Button - click here to share any article with someone else through one of a variety of options.
2. Bookmark Button - click here to save an article to My Library for easy revisiting later.
3. Listen Button - click here to have any story read aloud to you.
You can look forward to these and other features in the new Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette replica edition app, which will become available over the next few weeks for both Apple and Android devices!
Latest News Sections - Use the Latest News drop down option located below the newspaper thumbnails on the Home screen to quickly navigate to Arkansas, Business, Crime, Obituaries, Sports and other sections.
Text resizing - Use the text resizing tool to make the article text larger or smaller. You can also change the brightness of the screen from this menu.
Below are some videos explaining just some of the features available in the new Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette digital replica edition available for the iPad and other smart devices. We invite you to explore what the app has to offer or refresh your memory on how to use these added benefits of our digital edition.
Download and Read Past Editions
Ever want to revisit an article you read last week or look through the past weekend's sports scores before a big tournament? No need to go digging through your paper recycling bin any longer! Our app allows you to easily and quickly view past papers.
Change Text Size for Easier Reading
No need to worry about reading glasses for this edition! You can quickly and easily adjust the size of the article text to fit your preference.
Listen to Your News
Eyes tired at the end of a long day? Trying to multi-task but stay up to date on your local news? All of our digital replica edition articles come with an easy to use read aloud feature.
Saving and Sharing Articles
Gone are the days of having to cut articles by hand out of the paper. Our app features quick and easy ways to share articles via email, save them to your iPad, or print them for later.
Archives to Revisit Past News
Want to see the top story on your wedding day? How about revisiting a major news event, like Y2K? Our app users also have the ability to search our archives and view papers all the way back to 1984.
Articles Expanded with Bonus Content
Thanks to our digital replica edition, we're able to expand the content we provide about our news stories. Instead of one picture, we can offer slideshows and even videos about that news event. Just one way we're evolving to give you most news from a source you can trust.
App User Settings
Native iOS text-to-speech - Uses built in speech engine- Recommended on.
Speech Rate - Sets the speed at which the article is spoken.
Disable full screen - Removed the section navigation from the bottom of the screen - Default is set to on.
Show Highlights in Full Screen - Turns article highlighting on and allows for reading stories in text view - Default is set to on.
Accessing Settings menu:
Click More then Settings
Options for Download over WiFi - Should be set to On.
Remove issues - Defaults to keep 7 back issues. This can be updated to keep as many as 60 back issues. However, keep in mind you may exceed the storage capacity of your device if this number is set too high.
Delete editions - by clicking the Home button then touch and hold thumbnail of newspaper edition until pop up message reading “Remove from Device” appears. Click on message to remove edition from the iPad.
Here's what some of our subscribers think about the digital edition of the Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
Debbie Meyer- Wynne
Betty and Bob Reynolds- Brinkley
Benefits of the Digital Edition
- Digital Edition is available to download by 5 a.m. (sometimes earlier)
- All photos in the Digital Edition are in color
- Expanded coverage of the stock market reports
- Some articles will include additional content online that is accessible by simply clicking on the link within the article
- You can enlarge the text, making the paper easier to read
- You can access the Digital Edition anywhere with a wi-fi connection
- You will receive all our specialty publications included in the Digital Edition