"We are up against incredible national museums, and as of right now we're in first place," says Nicole Benedict, manager of the Museum of Native American History in Bentonville.
Benedict is talking about the USA Today 10Best Readers' Choice travel awards for 2020. MONAH was selected by an "expert panel" as a contender for Best History Museum, a category just launched. The contest gives voters four weeks to cast their ballots at https://www.10best.com/awards/travel/best-history-museum/. Each MONAH fan can vote once a day for the run of the contest, which ends Feb. 17.
Winners will be announced Feb. 28.
Also nominated in the Best History Museum category are:
• The Titanic Museum Attraction in Branson, Mo., and Pigeon Force, Tenn.
• The American Revolution Museum in Yorktown, Va.
• Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum.
• Ellis Island National Museum of Immigration.
• The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Mich.
• The Mob Museum in Las Vegas.
• The Museum of Anthropology at UBC in Vancouver.
• The Museum of History & Industry in Seattle.
• The National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tenn.
• The National Infantry Museum & Soldier Center in Columbus, Ga.
• The National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington, D.C.
• The National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.
• The National Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle, Va.
• The National Museum of Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas
• The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in Dayton, Ohio.
• The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center in Cincinnati.
• The National World War II Museum in New Orleans.
• The Pearl Harbor National Memorial in Honolulu.
• And the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.
NAN What's Up on 01/21/2020
Print Headline: MONAH Gets National Nod