• Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, 815 W. 16th St., will hold≠ its annual Bethel Men's Day, "Christian Men: Commissioned for Duty," at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Dr. O. Jerome Green, president of Shorter College; and musical guest, the Arkansas Conference Sons of Allen Choir. (501) 374-2891.
• First Christian Church, 14411 Taylor Loop Road, will have a Mardi Gras celebration that includes food, games, jazz music and arts and crafts after its 10:30 a.m. service Feb. 23. (501) 225-5656.
• First United Methodist Church, 1099 W. Pine St., Heber Springs, will offer a free fly-fishing course for adults and older children over four consecutive Thursdays at 7 p.m. beginning Thursday. Visit littleredflyfishingtrips.com and register at firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 690-9166.
• Saint Mark Baptist Church, 5722 W. 12th St., will host a fundraiser from 6-8 p.m. Thursday with Little Rock Mayor Frank Scott Jr. and Pulaski County Sheriff Eric Higgins speaking. Proceeds will benefit James Reynolds, a Pulaski County jail chaplain, whose home was destroyed by a fire in December. Admission is free. (501) 663-3955.
• Samaritan Hill Baptist Church, 1001 E. 13th St., North Little Rock, will have its annual Family and Friends Day at 11 a.m. Sunday. (501) 376-3009.
• Second Baptist Church, 820 Short St., England, will offer blood pressure and glucose screenings after its 11 a.m. service and will celebrate Black History Month at 2 p.m. Sunday with speaker Walter Lee Simpson, author of First on the Scene: My Journey Through the Fires of Bigotry in Mississippi. Arkansas Baptist College Choir will provide music, and lunch will be served afterward. (501) 842-2267.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will hold the short-term Sunday School class, "Paul: His Journeys and Letters," at 9:50 a.m. Sunday and Feb. 23. Randy Bear will lead the class. The church will also hold a Faith and Grief Luncheon from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday in Second Hall including Scripture, prayers and personal stories. Register at faithandgrief.org, (501) 227-0000 or email@example.com.
• King Solomon Baptist Church, 1304 Pine St., North Little Rock, will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its pastor, Charles Caradine Jr., at 11 a.m. with speaker Bishop Carl Jones and at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Kenneth Traylor. (501) 246-4393.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will have a trivia event and its annual Mardi Gras dinner and silent auction from 6-9 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $30 or $200 for groups of eight at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the church's office. (501) 225-4203.
• Unitarian Universalist Church of Little Rock, 1818 Reservoir Road, will host a presentation by the Arkansas Society of Freethinkers, "1957 and 1959 -- A Snapshot of Black and White Experience," from 1-2:30 p.m. Sunday. Robin Woods Loucks and Dr. Sybil Jordan Hampton will share their experiences of the Little Rock Central High School desegregation crisis. (501) 225-1503.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, email the information to:
Religion on 02/15/2020
Print Headline: Religion calendar