• First Baptist Church, 2015 Main St., North Little Rock, will hold a "Celebration of Love" in honor of Sharon Shelton at 5:30 p.m. Sunday hosted by The Radio Angels and featuring musical guests. (501) 410-2523.
• First United Methodist Church, 1099 W. Pine St., Heber Springs, will offer a free fly-fishing course for adults and older children over four consecutive Thursdays at 7 p.m. beginning Feb. 20. Visit littleredflyfishingtrips.com and register at firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 690-9166.
• New Light Baptist Church, 3110 Battery St., will celebrate the 25th anniversary of its pastor, Harold Betton, and his wife, Angela Rochelle Betton, at 11 a.m. Sunday with Shedrick Warren III and at 3 p.m. with Roy Elliott. (501) 664-8054.
• Second Baptist Church, 820 Short St., England, will offer blood pressure and glucose screenings after its 11 a.m. service and will celebrate Black History Month at 2 p.m. Feb. 16 with speaker Walter Lee Simpson, author of First on the Scene: My Journey Through the Fires of Bigotry in Mississippi. Arkansas Baptist College Choir will provide music, and lunch will be served afterward. (501) 842-2267.
• First Baptist Church Highland Park, 1701 S. Pine St., will celebrate the 48th anniversary of its pastor, Dr. W.W. Walker Jr., at 9:45 a.m. Sunday with speaker Derrick Flowers. The theme is "Legacy of Love." (501) 666-2700.
• First Missionary Baptist Church, 701 S. Gaines St., will celebrate its 175th anniversary with a Black History program at 11 a.m. with speaker Marvell Williams and at 2:30 p.m. Sunday will hold "Celebration in Song: Black History Musical." (501) 580-3846.
• King Solomon Baptist Church, 1304 Pine St., North Little Rock, will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its pastor, Charles Caradine Jr., at 11 a.m. with speaker Bishop Carl Jones and at 3 p.m. Feb. 16 with speaker Kenneth Traylor. (501) 246-4393.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host a free guitar-and-banjo performance by Finger Food at 7 p.m. Tuesday. (501) 753-4281.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will honor its scouting community at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. Scouts are invited to wear their uniforms. (501) 225-4203.
• Sylvan Hills Church of Christ, 117 W. Maryland Ave., Sherwood, will hold "If: Gathering" in its teen center building from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today. Attendees are asked to take a Bible and notebook. (501) 350-9434.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, email the information to:
Religion on 02/08/2020
Print Headline: Religion calendar