• Sylvan Hills Church of Christ, 117 W. Maryland Ave., Sherwood, will hold "If: Gathering" in its teen center building from 6-9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Feb. 8; registration is $10 at ifsylvanhills.iflocal.com, and scholarships are available. Attendees are asked to bring a Bible and notebook. (501) 350-9434.
• First Baptist Church Highland Park, 1701 S. Pine St., will celebrate the 48th anniversary of its pastor, Dr. W.W. Walker Jr., at 9:45 a.m. Feb. 9 with speaker Derrick Flowers. The theme is "Legacy of Love." (501) 666-2700.
• First Missionary Baptist Church, 701 S. Gaines St., will celebrate its 175th anniversary with a Black History program at 11 a.m. with speaker Marvell Williams; and at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 9 will hold "Celebration in Song: Black History Musical." (501) 580-3846.
• Highland Valley United Methodist Church, 15524 Chenal Parkway, will hold a "Souper Bowl" lunch serving soups and chili dishes after its 10:50 a.m. service Sunday. (501) 224-6047.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 Mississippi St., will serve continental breakfast at 8:45 a.m. in the Parish Hall; and will feature a Choral Evensong directed by Philip Moore at 5 p.m. Sunday. The church will also hold a 12-step Eucharist service at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. (501) 225-4203.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will hold the short-term Sunday School class, "Paul: His Journeys and Letters," at 9:50 a.m. Sunday and Feb. 9, 16 and 23. Randy Bear will lead the class. secondpreslr.org or (501) 227-0000.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host a free guitar-and-banjo performance by Finger Food at 7 p.m. Feb. 11. (501) 753-4281.
• Union African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1825 Pulaski St., will celebrate its 17th annual African Methodist Episcopal Founder's Day and Black Heritage Luncheon from noon to 2 p.m. today with speaker Charlene Boone. The Philander Smith College choir will provide music. Tickets are $30. (501) 374-3528.
• New Light Baptist Church, 3110 Battery St., will celebrate the 25th anniversary of its pastor, Harold Betton, and his wife, Angela Rochelle Betton, at 11 a.m. with Shedrick Warren III and at 3 p.m. with Roy Elliott Feb. 9. (501) 664-8054.
To submit a news release email the information by 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication to:
Religion on 02/01/2020
Print Headline: Religion calendar