Arkansas' 10th medical marijuana dispensary plans to open this morning in Conway, state regulators announced Thursday.
Harvest, located at 1200 Thomas G. Wilson Drive, will begin accepting qualified patients at 9 a.m., according to the company's owners.
The Conway dispensary is the first of four to open in one of the most densely populated dispensary zones, which includes Pulaski, Faulkner, White and Lonoke counties.
Dispensaries across the state have been slow to open since the 32 retail licenses were issued in February, but state regulators expect a surge of dispensaries opening through the end of the year.
The first dispensary opened in May about 2½ years after Arkansans voted to legalize medical marijuana for use by patients who suffer from one of 18 qualifying conditions.
Since May, nine dispensaries have sold more than 1,730 pounds of medical cannabis, according to the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration. Sales have eclipsed $12.3 million.
The open dispensaries are:
• Doctor's Orders (Hot Springs) opened May 10.
• Green Springs Medical (Hot Springs) opened May 12.
• Arkansas Natural Products (Clinton) opened June 20.
• Greenlight Dispensary (Helena-West Helena) opened June 27.
• Native Green Wellness (Hensley) opened July 2.
• Fiddler's Green (Mountain View) opened July 11.
• Releaf Center (Bentonville) opened Aug. 7.
• The Source (Bentonville) opened Aug. 15.
• Acanza (Fayetteville) opened Sept. 14.
Metro on 10/11/2019
Print Headline: Dispensary for Rx pot set to open in Conway