• Cross Street Christian Church, 1223 S. Cross St., will host the church's Christian Women's Fellowship celebrating its annual Women's Day at 11 a.m. with Kim Smith Watters; and at 3 p.m. with speaker Odette Woods and music by Vaughncier Davis and Tamara Bates. (501) 375-1306.
• Disciples in Christ Ministries, 5402 Young Road, North Little Rock, will celebrate its 13th anniversary at 2:30 p.m. Sunday. (501) 771-5000.
• First Baptist Church, 901 Calhoun St., will honor its graduates at 11 a.m. Sunday with speaker Tylon Jackson. (501) 374-5882.
• Greater 3-4 Missionary Baptist Church, 911 W. 19th St., will have its annual Youth Day at 2:30 p.m. Sunday with speaker Roosevelt Harris. (501) 376-6365.
• Greater Macedonia Baptist Church, 600 E. 24th St., will co-host a health fair that includes free health screenings, free food and games, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 15. (501) 372-0670.
• Highland Valley United Methodist Church, 15524 Chenal Parkway, now hosts a free community meal at 5:30 p.m., a casual service at 6 and activities and classes at 6:30 on Wednesdays. (501) 224-6047.
• New Beginnings Church Ministries, 515 Sherwood Ave., Sherwood, will celebrate its 12th anniversary, "Faithfully Standing in God's Grace and Power," with Frank King IV, at 2:30 p.m. Sunday. (501) 454-7592 or (501) 835-3300.
• New St. Hurricane Missionary Baptist Church, 3319 S. Ohio St., Pine Bluff, will host a health and fitness fair including health screenings, mental and physical fitness tests and childrens' activities from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. (870) 536-8337.
• Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church, 1321 S. Van Buren St., will host the Jubilus Musical Dinner Theater production of Demolition Dilemma! by the Family Life Players at 7:30 p.m. today, Sunday, Friday and June 15 in the gymnasium. A chicken dinner will be served at 6. Tickets for Friday and June 15 are $20, $15 for those ages 65 and older and $5 for children ages 3-10. Today's matinee will have refreshments available for sale, with tickets at $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 3-10 and $30 for families of up to two adults and four children. (501) 661-1756.
• Park Hill Presbyterian Church, 3520 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, hosts a Community Breakfast at 9 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays in Steen Hall. Those 60 and older eat free; a meal is $6 for those under 60; donations gladly accepted. Calendar menus available on request in partnership with CareLink Resources for Older Adults and their families. Reservations at (501) 753-9533.
• Rufus K. Young Christian Church, 2100 Main St., will hold its Karen Jenkins Vacation Bible School from 5-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and a picnic from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 15.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi Ave., will celebrate Pentecost with a multilingual Gospel reading at 8 and 10:30 a.m., and hold baptisms at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, after which a reception will be held. Wearing red is encouraged. The church will also host a talk on breast cancer imaging by Dr. Gwyn Bryant Smith in the Parish Hall from 9:15-10 a.m. Sunday. lovesaintmarks.org or (501) 225-4203.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will begin its adult education ministry's summer reading and discussion series with the book Walking Across Egypt led by Chuck Chappell at 4 p.m. Sunday. (501) 227-0000.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host a performance by Seraph Brass at 7 p.m. June 16. (501) 753-4281.
• St. Peter African Methodist Episcopal Church, 102 C.D. Willis Drive, McGehee, will celebrate its 113th anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday. (870) 575-3619.
• St. Peter's Rock Baptist Church, 2201 Brown St., will hold its 46th appreciation service for its pastor, J.E. Booker Sr., at 11 a.m. with speaker Charles Creggett II and at 3 p.m. with speakers R. Glenn Chargois and James Glover on Sunday. The church will hold its vacation Bible school, "Managing What Belongs to God on Safari," from 6-8 p.m. Monday-Friday. (501) 392-7908.
• Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 310 W. 17th St., will have a festive choral Evensong at 5 p.m. Sunday, with a High Tea afterward in Baker Parlor. The church will also host "Pops for Pops!" with the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra and Stephanie Smittle in honor of Trinity Sunday at 5:30 p.m. June 16.
• Trinity Presbyterian Church, 4501 Rahling Road, will host a talk on the Quaker faith with David Shoen and John Coffin at 9:15 a.m. Sunday. (501) 868-5848.
• Union African Methodist Episcopal Church, 1825 St. Pulaski St., will host its vacation Bible school for Pre-K through adults from 5-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; dinner will be served. (501) 374-3528.
• Virginia Baptist Church, 14102 Arkansas 365, Wrightsville, will celebrate its 150th anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday with former Pulaski County Circuit Judge Marion Humphrey. (501) 897-4928.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 06/08/2019
Print Headline: Religion calendar