Today's Paper Obits Newsletters Home Style Crime Beto to visit NWA EDITORIAL: Get this party started Razorback Sports Today's Photos Puzzles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
story.lead_photo.caption Daniel Ray Hernandez

An Arkansas man is facing a charge of reckless manslaughter in the stabbing death of a man last month in Fort Smith.

The Fort Smith Police Department said officers believe Daniel Ray Hernandez is "solely responsible for" the death of Jose Botello, who was found suffering from an apparent stab wound to the chest on July 22 on the porch of 1402 N. Greenwood Ave. Botello was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.

Online records show Hernandez, a Fort Smith resident, was booked into the Sebastian County jail on July 22 on drug charges and remained in custody there on Friday. An arrest warrant for the manslaughter charge was issued on Friday, police said.

Authorities in Fort Smith said they also have arrested a suspect in connection with the unrelated killing of William Dubois, Jr. He was found dead on July 11 inside a home on South Greenwood Avenue, and the case was ruled a homicide.

A suspect was arrested in connection with the killing, police said, but no formal charge has been filed.

"This case continues to be investigated and compiled and detectives anticipate a resolution in the near future, pending evidence analysis by the Arkansas state Crime Lab," police wrote.

Jail records show the suspect is being held on charges of theft by receiving and obstructing governmental operations.

Sponsor Content

Comments

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT