Eggshells Kitchen Co., 5501 Kavanaugh Blvd., Little Rock.
• Holiday Wines and Food Pairings with Maggie and Aaron Walters, 6-8 p.m. Monday. $50 includes light plates and four wines.
• Pesto With Ira Mittelman of Ira's Restaurant 6-8 p.m. Tuesday. Students will learn how to make three different pestos. $50 includes welcome glass of wine and multiple pesto dishes.
• Cooking for the Holidays With Zara Abbasi 6-8 p.m. Sept. 24. The menu will focus on holiday entertaining; in addition to three dishes Abbasi will offer tips and tricks for entertaining. $50 includes a welcome glass of wine and portions of what the chef prepares.
• Cornbread and More With Jack Sundell of The Root Cafe, 6-8 p.m. Sept. 28. This class will include a full meal with each dish including cornbread. $50 includes a welcome glass of wine and portions of what the chef prepares.
Space is limited and registration is required for all classes. For more information or to register, visit eggshellskitchencompany.com or call (501) 664-6900.
• WILDKids Cook! with Faith Anaya, 2-4 p.m. Oct. 14 and Nov. 11, Wildwood Park for the Arts, 20919 Denny Road, Little Rock. Open to children 8 years old and up. The classes are entirely hands-on. Students receive training in the kitchen and basic cooking and food preparation skills while learning about nutrition and good health. Each class will feature a different menu. Registration is required. $55 per class; fee includes all ingredients, supplies, recipes and snacks.
For more information or to register, visit wildwoodpark.org
Honeycomb Kitchen Shop, 213 W. Walnut St., Rogers.
• Field to Fork: Tasty Tomatoes 9 a.m. Saturday. This class will cover common types found at local farmers markets to tips for growing, selecting, using and storing tomatoes. As well as taste-testing multiple tomato varieties and a demonstration of easy tomato recipes. Recipes will be provided. $30
• Puppy Power Pet Food Class 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20. This demo and hands-on class led by Naomi and Lyndz of Woof & Wander will feature a range of recipes including immune boosting broth and anti-aging treats for dogs. $40.
• Tea Tasting and Learning 6:30 p.m. Sept. 27. Republic of Tea Ambassador Regina Wilks will teach about multiple types of teas, the different flavor profiles for each, how they are cured and processed, and what health benefits are associated with each. You will learn how to properly brew the teas, find out what tools are needed, and what the difference is between hot versus iced tea as well as loose leaf versus bagged tea. Tea and tea-inspired appetizers included. $40
Registration is required. For more information, call (479) 340-1022. To register, visit honeycombkitchenshop.com
Food on 09/12/2018
Print Headline: Tidbits