• All Saints' Episcopal Church, 501 S. Phoenix Ave., Russellville, will hold a Blessing of the Animals at 4 p.m. Sunday. (479) 968-3622.
• Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 1700 S. State St., will host its annual Harvest Revival at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday-Friday with speakers Damian Epps, J. Barrington Minix and Phillip Pointer. The theme is "Pray Ye Therefore the Lord of the Harvest, That He Will Send Forth Laborers Into the Harvest." (501) 374-0485.
• Evangel Temple, 1201 Towson Ave., Fort Smith, will have an Appreciation Day for its pastor, Don Hutchings, and his wife, Carol Hutchings, at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. (479) 782-9121.
• First Baptist Church, 2015 Main St., North Little Rock, will hold a High Tea Benefit for the Alex Foundation with ReShonda Tate Billingsley from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Friday. RSVP is required and admission is $25 at alex-foundation.org/donation.shtml. (501) 758-1525.
• First Baptist Church of Woodson, 24100 N. Barton St., Woodson, will celebrate its 136th anniversary at 3 p.m. Sunday with speaker Henry Ray Harper. (501) 397-2178.
• Grace Presbyterian Church, 9301 N. Rodney Parham Road, will be the site for a joint Blessing of the Animals service with Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, at 2 p.m (all animals must be leashed, caged or otherwise restrained); and will begin a six-week Sunday School class on Robert Williamson Jr.'s The Forgotten Books of the Bible at 9:50 a.m. Sunday. (501) 225-3274 or (501) 227-0000.
• Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, 800 Page Mill Road, North Little Rock, will celebrate the third anniversary of Earl Graham II as pastor at 7 p.m. Wednesday with speaker Brandon Dyer. (501) 758-1190.
• New Beginnings Church Ministries, Inc., 515 Sherwood Ave., Sherwood, will have a service for the 11th anniversary of its pastors, Terence and Marilyn Underwood, at 2:30 p.m. Sunday with speaker William Robinson. (501) 835-3300.
• New Grace Baptist Church, 800 Calhoun St., will have appreciation services for its pastor, Virgil Taylor, with Phillip Moore at 10 a.m. and Kenneth Robinson at 2:30 p.m. Oct. 14. (501) 563-9083.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will host its annual shrimp boil from 5-9 p.m. today (tickets are $30); and will have a Blessing of the Animals at 4 p.m. and contemplative Eucharist at 5 p.m. Sunday. st-marks.com or (501) 225-4203.
• St. James United Methodist Church, 900 N. University Drive, Pine Bluff, will have its Women's Day at 3 p.m. Sunday. (870) 536-6366.
• Waters Temple Church of God in Christ, 7414 Lancaster Road, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Vernon Briscoe, its pastor, and his wife, Bernice Briscoe, by honoring Bernice at 6 p.m. Friday with guest Carla Robinson; and Vernon at 3 p.m. Oct. 21 with speaker Sylvester Bush. (501) 376-2279 or (501) 231-2510.
• The Bridge Builders Interfaith reading group at Westover Hills Presbyterian Church, 6400 Richard B. Hardie Drive, will study Rethinking Incarceration: Advocating for Justice That Restores, by Dominique DuBois Gilliard, Thursdays in October. Child care will be available. firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 663-6383.
• Zion Hill Baptist Church, 11923 Zion Hill Road, Cabot, will have Fall Revival services with Scott Miller at 10:55 a.m. with United Voice Trio and 6 p.m. Oct. 14; and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 15-17. email@example.com or (501) 988-4989.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 10/06/2018
Print Headline: Religion calendar