ROGERS -- A new tire store is coming to the city after the Planning Commission approved a development plan Tuesday.
Discount Tire plans to build an 8,192-square-foot building on 1.86 acres at 2401 W. Pleasant Grove Road in the highway commercial, condominium use zoning district.
Discount Tire opened in Ann Arbor, Mich., in 1960 and now has 1,000 stores across the United States. In California it's known as America's Tire.
In other business, the commission:
• Approved an Uptown Square density plan allowing 20 units per acre for a mixed commercial/multifamily development between Champions Boulevard and Pinnacle Hills Parkway.
• Approved a development waiver for Silver Development Co. for a 28-acre lot between South Dixieland Road and South Concord Street, south of Broadway Place in the residential office and highway commercial zoning district. A waiver from cross connectivity was requested. The project will be a gated community for residents 55 and older.
During the public hearing portion of the meeting, the commission:
• Heard a request for Pleasant Grove Development LLC to rezone 9.25 acres at 4504 S. Rainbow Road from agricultural zoning district to the neighborhood commercial zoning district. No one spoke for or against the rezone, and it was approved.
• Heard a request for LEM 3 Consulting for a permit allowing commercial assembly, recreation and entertainment on 13.5 acres at the north end of South Rainbow Road in the neighborhood commercial zoning district. Indoor soccer fields and a CrossFit gym are a part of the plan. No one spoke for or against the request, and it was granted by the commission.
• Heard a request by Larry Malone and David Groves for a permit allowing vehicle equipment repair at 1557 W. Hudson Road in the highway commercial zoning district. No one spoke for or against the request, and it was granted by the commission.
• Heard a request by Quality Assurance Roofing for a permit allowing building service at 111 S. Dixieland Road in the residential office zoning district. No one spoke for or against the request, and it was granted by the commission.
Building service includes things such as janitorial, landscaping maintenance, carpet cleaning, chimney cleaning, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, roofing and window cleaning, according to city documents.
NW News on 10/03/2018
Print Headline: Tire store planned in Rogers