BENTONVILLE -- Rapper Travis Scott pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct in a May incident during his concert at the Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion in Rogers, his attorney said Tuesday
A judge dismissed two other misdemeanor charges against him, including one of inciting a riot, said Rogers attorney Doug Norwood.
Scott, whose real name is Jacques Webster, was charged with inciting a riot, disorderly conduct and endangering the welfare of a minor. Court documents refer to him as Webster instead of Scott.
Norwood said Scott pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct. The case was resolved through negotiation last month, according to Norwood.
"They overcharged him," Norwood said. "They tried to get him for inciting a riot. The video did not show any of that."
Jon Nelson, an attorney in Norwood's firm, said Scott pleaded guilty to the lowest charge, and he wasn't required to return to Arkansas for the case.
Scott paid $640 in court associated costs. He also had to pay $6,825 to two people who claimed they were injured at the concert, according to Nelson.
Luis Lara, a Benton County Sheriff's Office deputy, received $3,649 in restitution. Lara was working security at the concert, according to Nelson.
Selena Martinez of Springdale was paid $3,175, according to court documents.
"He (Scott) felt bad about anyone being injured and was always willing to pay the restitution," Nelson said.
Norwood believes the disorderly conduct charge can eventually be expunged from Scott's record.
Police stated on Facebook that Scott "encouraged people to rush the stage" during the show.
Multiple people were injured and treated at the scene, authorities said.
Scott was taken to the Benton County Jail and released on a citation a short time later.
He was arrested by Chicago police in August 2015 after he encouraged Lollapalooza attendees to climb over security barricades and storm the stage, according to a Rolling Stone report. His performance lasted five minutes before being stopped after dozens of fans joined him on stage, according to Rolling Stone.
Scott pleaded guilty to reckless conduct in December 2015, Billboard later reported. A judge ordered Scott to remain under court supervision for a year, according to Rolling Stone.
NW News on 02/07/2018
Print Headline: Criminal case over for rapper