MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT
• First Baptist Church, 24100 N. Barton St., Woodson, will hold a parade at 11 a.m. Dec. 8, with participants lining up an hour before. A holiday festival will be held after the parade. (501) 397-2178.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will host a musical performance of Gian Carlo Menotti's Amahl and the Night Visitors by Praeclara at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 8. Tickets are $21.69 for adults and $11.34 for students online at tinyurl.com/yc73fj6t or $20 and $10 at the church. (501) 227-0000.
• Pulaski Heights Baptist Church, 2200 Kavanaugh Blvd., will hold organ recitals with Jonathan Merritt at noon on Fridays through Dec. 21. (501) 661-1129.
• St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4106 John F. Kennedy Blvd., North Little Rock, will host the music presentation "Sing Noel," a program of Christmas music and singing, by ARmusica and students; and with Julie Cheek and Andrew Irvin, at 7 p.m. Dec. 11. Admission is free. stlukeepiscopal.org or (501) 753-3578.
• St. Nicholas' Episcopal Church, 4001 Club Drive, Maumelle, will host its sixth annual "Rock Star" performance by the Top of the Rock Chorus at 6 p.m. Sunday. (501) 413-9472.
• Winfield United Methodist Church, 20100 Cantrell Road, will hold its its annual drive-thru live Nativity Scene from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 9. Actors will perform the Nativity. Admission is free. (501) 868-4225.
• Abundant Life Family Worship Center, 100 S. Eastern Ave., Jacksonville, will have its Men's Day service at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Sunday with speaker Jesse Clark. (501) 241-0210.
• Faith Lutheran Church, 7525 W. Markham St., will host a Christmas market at 7 a.m. Dec. 8 that includes crafts, decorations, toys and food. Proceeds benefit the Via de Cristo Scholarship Fund and The Van. Only cash or checks are accepted. (501) 351-1181.
• Pleasant Hill Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, 3804 E. 38th St., College Station, will hold a joint Christmas concert with Reed Memorial Christian Methodist Episcopal Church at 3 p.m. Dec. 9 at the Pleasant Hill location. (501) 541-0656.
• The Sunday School of Grace Presbyterian Church, 9301 N. Rodney Parham Road, will begin a four-week study of Advent, "A Clear View of the Birth of Jesus," with Kenneth Bailey at 9 a.m. Sunday. gracelr.org or (501) 225-3274.
• Miles Memorial Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, 1804 W. Capitol Ave., will host a Greek service at 3 p.m. Dec. 9 with speaker Craig Collier. (501) 529-0127.
• Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church, 850 Atkinson St., North Little Rock, will have a Twilight Sunday School from 4:30-6 p.m. Dec. 9. (501) 804-6031.
• New Community Church, 321 N. Birch St., Pine Bluff, will have a family portrait day Dec. 8 and 9. Tickets are $10. Tickets and appointments for portrait sittings are available at (870) 643-3937.
• Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, 8500 Woodson Lateral Road, Woodson, will have an appreciation service for pastor David Withers and his wife, Nikki Withers, at 3 p.m. Sunday. (501) 397-6197.
• Saint Mark's Episcopal Church, 1000 N. Mississippi St., will serve breakfast in the Parish Hall from 8:45-9:15 a.m. Sunday; suggested donation is $5/person, $15/family. Patricia Matthews will lead meditation from 9:15-10 a.m. Sundays during Advent, and two Advent-theme adult classes will be held from 9:15-10 a.m. Sundays. The church will also hold a 12-step Eucharist at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. lovesaintmarks.org or (501) 225-4203.
• Second Presbyterian Church, 600 Pleasant Valley Drive, will hold a Hanging of the Greens with breakfast at 9 a.m., projects for all ages at 9:50 a.m. and worship services at 11 a.m. Sunday. Child care is available; to RSVP for breakfast contact email@example.com or (501) 227-0000.
• The youths of Trinity United Methodist Church, 1101 N. Mississippi St., have begun taking orders for its annual smoked ham fundraiser. Hams are $40 each, and proceeds benefit youth trips, retreats and missions. To place an order visit the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (501) 666-2813.
• Pulaski Heights Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), 4724 Hillcrest Ave., will celebrate the beginning of Advent with a "Hanging of the Greens" at 10:30 a.m. Sunday. phcc-lr.org or (501) 663-8149.
The deadline for Religion calendar submissions is 5 p.m. Monday for Saturday publication. Addresses are in Little Rock unless otherwise indicated. Items must have an address and a phone number and be open to the public. To submit a news release, fax (501) 372-4765 or email the information to:
Religion on 12/01/2018
Print Headline: Religion calendar