The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department on Wednesday announced its schedule for more than 30 state projects that will use a half-cent sales tax Arkansas voters approved in November.
Bid schedules for the first six half-cent sales tax projects are:
• Bella Vista Bypass (I-540 interchange): Late 2013
• Bella Vista Bypass (U.S. 71 to Arkansas 72): Late 2013
• Bella Vista Bypass (Benton County 34 to Missouri line): Early 2014
• Springdale Northern Bypass (I-540 to Arkansas 112): Late 2014
• I-540 Widening (Southeast 14th Street to East Central Avenue): Early 2015
• I-540 Widening (Fulbright Expressway to Sunset Avenue): Mid-2015
Source: Arkansas Highway And Transportation Department
This story is only available from the NWAonline archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.
Print Headline: I-540 Widening On Tap