The chaos was mostly controlled at the Benton County Sheriff ’s Office on Tuesday as Sheriff Kelley Cradduck took his oath of office just after midnight and began implementing his vision for the department’s future.
Benton County Sheriff Kelley Cradduck said he wants a commitment to service to form the foundation for his office and its employees:
The Benton County Sheriff's Office exists to keep people safe from crime and ensure peace of mind. We serve as humble guardians of our communities, protecting the sacred trust placed in us by those we serve.
• People - We believe all people should be valued as fellow employees or inmates.
• Relationships - We believe teamwork is vital and best accomplished through building strong, trust-based relationships throughout our organization and across the community.
• Leadership - We believe that great things can only be achieved by people who are willing to take the lead and influence others toward worthy goals.
• Competence - We believe every member of the BCSO should be working toward world-class performance in their particular role.
• Courage - We believe in facing each day with bravery and compassion, willingly sacrificing our comfort and even our lives to protect those we serve.
SOURCE: Benton County Sheriff's Office
"I think he's going to be very proactive. We're going to take this county and make it a better place. I can feel it. This morning, for the first time in a long time, I put on my uniform and was excited about coming to work."
This story is only available from the NWAonline archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.
Print Headline: Cradduck Eyes New Beginnings