Kelly Denise Lockhart apparently hoped her home would be a barrier against evil, with Bible verses written around doors and layers of blankets covering the windows, say the couple who moved into her residence after she went missing in February 2008.
• Early 2008: Lockhart possibly is killed in her Springdale trailer.
• April 9, 2008: A missing-persons report for Lockhart is filed with the Springdale Police Department.
• Feb. 5, 2009: Keisha Ward’s boyfriend, Jeffery Clark, is arrested on unrelated charges and sentenced to the Arkansas Department of Correction in Sept. 2009, where he remains.
• May 2009: Ward is sent to the state Department of Community Correction until Jan. 26, 2010, on drug charges.
• Sept. 10: An informant tells police Ward and Clark were connected to Lockhart’s disappearance.
• September or early October, 2010: Police interview Ward about Lockhart’s disappearance.
• Oct. 14: Officers begin searching Beaver Lake near the U.S. 412 bridge for Lockhart’s GMC Jimmy. Officers search a Bentonville residence where Ward once lived and a garage in Washington County where Ward stored items.
• Oct. 15: Police divers recover Lockhart’s vehicle from the lake. The body found inside is at the state crime lab in Little Rock, undergoing identification.
• Oct. 18 : Police search Lockhart’s trailer.
• Oct. 28: Clark is transported to Northwest Arkansas for questioning in the case.
Source: Court documents.
This story is only available from the NWAonline archives. Stories can be purchased individually for $2.95. Click here to search for this story in the archives.