BENTON COUNTY BASEBALL
• ADULT BASEBALL: The Northwest Arkansas Men’s Senior/Adult Baseball League will hold its first round of tryouts for the 2010 season April 18 at 2 p.m. at Bradford Park (Northwest Park) in Rogers. Sessions are for 18-plus and 25-plus divisions.
• SPRINGDALE BABE RUTH TRYOUTS: Tryouts for the Springdale Babe Ruth League (ages 13-15) will take place at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Babe Ruth fields at the Tyson Complex. Because of restructuring of the league, all players must try out, including returning players. Call Rick Fine at 236-1898.
• CATCHERS NEEDED: The Sport Biomechanics Research Group at the University of Arkansas is seeking softball and baseball catchers of all ages for research on throwing motions. Pitchers can also have their pitching motions analyzed free. To schedule an analysis April 16-18 at the Health, Physical Education and Recreation building on the Fayetteville campus, contact Gretchen Oliver at 575-4670 or [email protected].
• ARKANSAS AVENGERS: The Arkansas Avengers 10th- and 11thgrade girls team is seeking two to three players for the upcoming summer season. Tryouts are through April 9. Call Don at 305-0024.
• ROGERS HIGH CAMP: Rogers High Boys Hoop-in It Up Basketball Camp will be July 12-16 for players in grades kindergarten-eighth grade. For more information go to http://basketballboys.rhs.rogersschools.net and look on the Team Files section, click on camp registration form, e-mail coach Marty Barnes at [email protected] or call 970-1440.
• ROGERS YOUTH CHEERLEADING PROGRAM: The Rogers Community-School Recreation Association registration for the 2010 Youth Cheerleading Program will be taken until May 22 at the Rogers Activity Center. Girls in grades 4-7 for the 2010-11 academic school year are eligible to participate. The registration fees are as follows: ($65) includes cheer uniform, poms, and clinic; or ($40) if you cheered last year, will be in the same division, and on the same team (Cheerleader will not receive a new uniform or poms.) Each participant must have a current RAC membership ($20). Contact Lena Sneary at 631-0336, ext. 450 or e-mail: [email protected].
• GOLDEN CORRAL SCRAMBLE: Golden Corral of Rogers Golf Tournament benefiting Arkansas Children’s Hospital and Children Miracle Network will be Friday at Lost Springs Golf & Athletic Club in Rogers.
The four-person scramble will start at 1 p.m. with lunch starting at 11 a.m.
Call Stacey Calhoun at 790-4681.
• PRAIRIE CREEK 4-BALL INVITATIONAL: The 40th annual Prairie Creek Country Club Men’s 4-Ball Invitational is scheduled for April 24-25. This event is a two-man, best-ball tournament, divided into many different flights. Practice rounds are available from April 19-23. For more information, call Don Rountree at 925-2414.
• GOOD GUYS GOLF: The Good Guy Golfers of Bella Vista are looking for a few more members. This group plays all 18-hole courses in Bella Vista from April through October. The season includes two social outings with members’ significant others. Call Leon Wehmeyer at 855-1642 or Sam Sneed at 855-2143.
• FIRST TEE CLASSES: Registration for the second session of The First Tee season is now under way. Classes will begin April 26. Classes will be offered at Bella Vista’s Tanyard Creek Practice Center, Fayetteville’s Stonebridge Meadows Golf Club, and at Dawn Hill Country Club in Siloam Springs. Register online at www.thefirstteeNWAr.org. For more details, call 845-3905.
• BV MEN’S NINE HOLE: The Bella Vista Men’s Nine Hole Golf League is now accepting members for the 2010 season. The group plays every Wednesday morning from April-September. Applications are available from all BV pro shops and on the POA Web site. Call Bruce Burgess at 855-1593 or Jerry Young at 903-1666.
• AMERICAN LEGION SCRAMBLE: The third American Legion Charity Golf Tournament will be May 1 at the Kingswood Golf Course in Bella Vista at 8 a.m. Entry fee is $55 for Bella Vista POA members and $65 for non-members. Call Jake Greeling at 876-1108 or visit www.bellavistapost341.com
• CHARITY TOURNAMENT: The fifth annual Lindsey Drue Crowder Charity Golf Tournament will be June 4 at Big Sugar Golf Club in Pea Ridge, starting at 9 a.m. Proceeds will benefit the Arkansas Children’s Hospital. It is a two-person scramble and the cost is$75 per player. Hole sponsorships are also available. Call Tim at 619-5547 or e-mail [email protected] or Maeva at 273-5304 or e-mail [email protected] crowdernwa.com.
• TIGER PARENTS SCRAMBLE: The 2010 Bentonville Tiger Parents Group four-person scramble will be June 19 at Bella Vista Country Club, starting at 8 a.m. The cost is $75 per person and all proceeds go toward helping provide more than 3,000 meals for the Bentonville football team each season for all teams. E-mail Tim Arnold at [email protected].
• LACROSSE FEST: The NWA YMCA Lacrosse Club will host its second annual Lacrosse Fest on April 17 at Phillips Park in Bentonville. There also will be a free instructional clinic from 8-9 a.m. for boys and girls in grades 3-9. No equipment or experience is necessary to participate in the clinic.
Following the clinic is a day of lacrosse games featuring the Emeralds girls team and the Knights boys teams as they take on Edmond, Okla.
• RAZORBACK FOOTBALL BANQUET: The George Billingsley Northwest Arkansas Razorback Club’s 2010 Football Banquet with coach Bobby Petrino is scheduled for April 26 at Bentonville High south commons from 6-8 p.m. Doors open at 5:30. The banquet will feature dinner catered by Whole Hog Cafe, an autograph session with Petrino (one item per person), a raffle, silent and live auctions, a program with Petrino discussing the upcoming Razorback football season and much more. Cost for individual seats (non-reserved seating) is $20 per member; $30 per nonmember or free for children 12 and under; reserved table(s) for eight can be purchased for $200. Tickets can be purchased online at www.bbvrazorbackclub.org or by contacting [email protected] All proceeds go to UA men’s and women’s athletic scholarships. For more information, contact Doyle Groff at 366-1209.
• BUTTERFIELD TRAILBLAZER: The Butterfield Elementary Trailblazer will be at 8 a.m. April 17 at Butterfield Trail Elementary in Fayetteville.
The 5K/1 mile race will start at the Butterfield Elementary campus. It’s a skirt chaser, which means women get a head start. The 5K is certified by USATF (USA Track and Field). The race is for all ages. Registration forms are available on ArkansasRunner.com, Fleet Feet, and other area businesses. The cost to participate is $15 before the day or $20 the day of the race. Race-day registration is from 7-7:45 a.m. Contact Mary Lack [email protected] or 841-7229.
• FAYETTEVILLE ADULT LEAGUE: The City of Fayetteville will be accepting registrations for the Summer Adult Softball League from April 26-June 11 (or upon registration of the first 72 paid teams). For more information, contact James Morrow at Fayetteville Parks and Recreation at 718-7681, or go online at www.accessfayetteville.org.
• RELAY FOR LIFE TOURNAMENT: The Madison County Relay For Life men’s open tournament will be May 14 at Mitchusson Park in Huntsville.
The entry fee is $150 and all proceeds benefit the Madison County Relay For Life organization. Call 422-0510 or 738-6365.
• CAMP OF CHAMPIONS: Missouri Southern University in Joplin, Mo., will host a fast-pitch softball camp June 5-6 for ages 8-18. Top coaches and players, including past Olympians, will comprise the staff. To register, visit www.championshipsoftballcampsofmo.com or e-mail [email protected] embarqmail.com.
• ROGERS SIGNUPS: The Rogers area Special Olympics is currently registering athletes for bowling and basketball teams. Call Kathy at 330-5284.
• PINNACLE CC EVENTS: Pinnacle Country Club will host several tennis events in the coming months: 1) Ladies Night Out on Thursday. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday;
cost is $20 for members/$26 for nonmembers. 2) Taxpayers Tennis on April 22. Deadline is April 21; cost is $20 for members/$26 for non-members.
3) Level 6 Junior Tournament on May 8.
The cost is $18 per person per event.
4) Raymond James Adult Tournament on May 14-16. Deadline is May 11; cost is $32 for singles; $22 for doubles. To register for all events, call the tennis shop at 418-7444.
Sports, Pages 8 on 04/10/2010
Print Headline: BENTON COUNTY LOCAL CALENDAR