Former Arkansas All-American Stacy Lewis shot a first-round 67 and is tied for 23rd, five shots off the lead and one shot behind world No. 1 Lydia Ko.
ROGERS -- Stacy Lewis walked off the back of the eighth green, her 17th hole Friday at Pinnacle Country Club, and took note of the large video scoreboard directly behind her during the first round of the Wal-Mart LPGA NW Arkansas championship.
High School Sports
The East’s Allie Anderson (center) of Bryant hits over the West’s Greer Rogers (14) of Fort Smith Southside and Pearl Lee of Fountain Lake during the All-Star volleyball game in Conway on Wednesday night. The East won 3-2.
The quirky fit of Russellville and the East All-Star volleyball team made a difference again.
- West takes flight with Maertens
- Maertens, Freeman connect early, often
- Kershner one game away from setting sail for Navy
- Collier, coach cherish 1 more victory
- Old rivals battle, rally together for East
- Local sports brief
- Rice pops on hot day for East
- Hall's Gomez gets it, shoots it, scores
- Hampton gives new turf test run
Arkansas' Jarrion Lawson, right, finishes first in the men's 100 meter dash in front of Missouri's Markesh Woodson, left, and Houston's Cameron Burrell, middle, at the NCAA outdoor track and field championships in Eugene, Ore., Friday, June 10, 2016. (AP Photo/Ryan Kang)
Jarrion Lawson is one of five nominees in the Best Male College Athlete category for the ESPYs.
- Wildcats figure out Cowboys' pitchers
- Satellite camps may change recruiting
- Lawson a finalist for track's top award
- Darren McFadden: Injury from slip near pool, not from dropped cellphone
- Henderson State football player found dead
- THE RECRUITING GUY: Detroit cousins impressed, surprised by UA visit
- Errors cost Raiders, propel Chanticleers
- Off the wire
- Many starters returning for LSU this fall
Grace Denegri, 10, from Memphis, gets an autograph from golfer Stacy Lewis Friday during the LPGA Wal-Mart NW Arkansas Championship at Pinnacle Country Club in Rogers.
Golfing always has been a big part of Tom and Deb Seibert's marriage.
- Uehara’s past struggles in rear-view
- NBA free agency shifts roster redos
- Rose will make NYC his kind of town
- Ex-Hog shoots 68 for starters
- Lewis, No. 1 Ko lurk after 1st 18
- Contreras finds big bat, helps Cubs end losing streak
- MLB Notes
- Howard to start in goal for U.S. in 3rd-place game
- Plunging pound gouges players