Houston head coach Kelvin Sampson talks with guard Galen Robinson Jr. (25) during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016, in Cincinnati. Cincinnati won 70-59. (AP Photo/Gary Landers)
Arkansas didn't have much success against Kelvin Sampson when he was Oklahoma's coach.
High School Sports
Russellville players celebrate with the championship trophy after defeating Greenwood in the Class 6A championship game Saturday night at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock. The Cyclones claimed their first state title since the Arkansas Activities Association instituted its modern playoff system in 1968.
The Russellville Cyclones are bringing a state football championship trophy to South Knoxville Avenue.
- Late-season loss "woke up' Lions, pushed them to final
- Fayetteville routs North Little Rock for second consecutive state title
- Doing the expected: Pulaski Academy easily wins third consecutive title
- MVP Fulsom shines in the spotlight
- Defense finally drawing credit at PA
- Basketball: Tigers' effort leads to first victory
- Basketball: Ozark, Mo., holds off Rogers High to win Great Eight Classic
- Prep basketball
- Football: Purple reign continues at Fayetteville High
Arkansas senior offensive lineman Dan Skipper matches up against Texas A&M junior defensive lineman Myles Garrett during the first quarter on Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
FAYETTEVILLE — Two Arkansas football players were named all-SEC on Tuesday.
- Brent Venables wins 2016 Broyles Award
- Baylor names Temple's Matt Rhule as new football coach
- Burlsworth finalists feel connection to award
- Arkansas trip has Mizzou commit re-evaluating
- Defensive end finds Florida connection on trip to Arkansas
- California lineman feels at home in Arkansas
- Virginia Tech favored in Belk Bowl
- Report: ASU coach, Baylor talk
- 350-pound defensive lineman leans to Arkansas
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown (84) celebrates after catching a 22-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger during the fi rst half Sunday in Pittsburgh. Brown finished with 6 catches for 54 yards in Pittsburgh’s 24-14 victory.
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers have ditched the flash of September for a decidedly more pragmatic approach in December.
- Cardinals must go big to match Cubs
- Thompson scores 60 points in 29 minutes for Warriors
- Giants (Melancon), Dodgers (Hill) spend $110 million for pitchiung
- Luck, Indy throttle New York
- NFL notes
- Ball keeps bouncing the Chiefs' way
- Lillard, Trail Blazers top Bulls, take third in a row
- Patriots lose WR Amendola
- Lions in control over sloppy Saints