Connor Noland (13) passed for 844 yards and eight touchdowns for Greenwood last season, and he has exhibited a 90-mph fastball as a pitcher for the Bulldogs’ baseball team.
Arkansas received its first oral commitment in football for the 2018 class when Greenwood quarterback-pitcher Connor Noland pledged Wednesday to play football and baseball.
High School Sports
Bixby quarterback Tanner Griffin releases a pass Saturday during the championship game of Southwest Elite 7-on-7 tournament at Champions Stadium at Shiloh Christian in Springdale.
SPRINGDALE -- It took a series, but Tanner Griffin found his groove and provided Bixby, Okla., with the offense he had shown all weekend.
- Baseball: Springdale High hires Star City's Johnson
- Bryant reaches finals with lift from Jackson
- Sessions returning to Central
- 39 runs in 2 games put Bryant on roll
- Fayetteville duo gets chance to play against each other
- Jacksonville gets boost from lefty
- Elkins impresses coach against powerhouse
- Football: Bentonville West's 'cardiac kids' go 5-2 at Southwest Elite 7-on-7
- Schneringer eyes spot on first West tennis team
Arkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos watches warmups prior to a game against Alabama on Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015, at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Arkansas' offense was vastly different in year one under Dan Enos than it had been in Jim Chaney's two seasons.
- Fired-up Muschamp wants to win now
- Track and field carries Arkansas' banner
- ASU heads all-conference picks
- Hogs' baseball picks up three commits
- RECRUITING: Arkansas clear in pursuit of Alabama forward
- HOG FUTURES: Lineman Jake Heinrich says work remains
- Accentuate positives
- Harbaugh's offseason better than most
- Razorbacks add DE after new commitment
In this Jan. 10, 1999, file photo, Minnesota Vikings coach Dennis Green gestures after the Vikings beat the Arizona Cardinals 41-21 in a divisional playoff game, in Minneapolis.
Green led Vikings to playoffs 8 times
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Dennis Green, the trailblazing coach who led a Minnesota Vikings renaissance in the 1990s before a less successful run with the Arizona Cardinals, has died. He was 67.
- Texas League honcho pays respects to Travs
- Gordon back in driver's seat at Indy
- Yankees take advantage of Giants' errors to win
- Johnson comes back strong to tie List for lead in Canada
- Baseball: Staumont strikes out 10 in Naturals win
- Duffy tosses gem to guide Royals past Rangers
- Diaz's lesson pays off as Cardinals stage comeback
- Brady resolution provides direction
- This date in baseball