Drug store institution in the lives of many

Posted: March 8, 2018 at 1 a.m.

Rogers Historical Museum The Rogers Pharmacy on the corner of Walnut and Second streets in the 1960s. The drug store, soda fountain and city gathering place was opened in 1950 by Ivan Rose, pharmacist. His son, Gary, also a pharmacist ran the store after his father's death in 1977 until 1986.

The historic building on the southeast corner of Walnut and Second streets in Rogers is called the Union Block. It was built about 1897. Through the years, it has housed many businesses, including McSpadden Grocery (1901), a snooker parlor (1913), Rogers Hardware (1914), the A.B.C. Store (1933), Weaver's Restaurant (1940s) and Western Auto (1940s).

This story is only available from our archives.