Police beat

Posted: November 7, 2017 at 3:06 a.m.

Police windows hit by rock; man held

A man was arrested early Sunday after he used a rock to break windows at the North Little Rock Police Department headquarters, according to a report.

David Bell, 27, of North Little Rock faces a charge of first-degree criminal mischief, records show.

Officers were called around 3:20 a.m. to the Police Department headquarters at 200 W. Pershing St. in reference to criminal mischief.

There, police found a broken front window and an interior window that was busted out, the report states. A rock was located inside a hallway with broken glass surrounding it.

Authorities say they found Bell "sitting past the first set of doors" near broken glass. He was wearing red gloves.

Bell admitted to breaking the glass with the rock and said that he had found the rock in the median across the street, according to the report.

Records show that Bell remained at the Pulaski County jail without bail as of Monday morning. He has a court appearance set for today.

Boy, 11, detained in holdup at ATM

Police detained an 11-year-old boy after a 68-year-old woman was struck with a fake, plastic handgun during a robbery at a Little Rock bank ATM, authorities say.

Officers responded about 7:40 p.m. Saturday to 3500 S. University Ave., the listed address for a Bank of America branch, concerning a robbery, a Little Rock Police Department report states.

The victim said that she was at a Bank of America ATM when four boys -- listed as being between 11 and 14 -- approached her and brandished the toy gun during a demand for money.

According to the report, the woman got back inside her vehicle and tried to lock her doors, accidentally rolling a window down in the process.

One of the boys then hit her with the fake gun on the left side of her cheek near her eye, the woman told police.

While officers were en route, they found a group of boys in front of Big Country Chateau apartments, 6200 Colonel Glenn Road, police said. A fake gun was lying nearby, the report noted.

All of the boys were taken to to the 12th Street police substation for questioning. Only one boy, an 11-year-old whose name was not released, faces a charge of aggravated robbery.

The other three boys were reportedly released into the custody of their parents.

The report did not list what was taken in the robbery.

10-year-old pupil said to slug janitor

Little Rock police say a 10-year-old student attacked a janitor at his elementary school on Friday.

The 32-year-old janitor found the boy trying to open a closet at Wakefield Elementary School, 75 Westminster Drive, shortly before 2:30 p.m., according to a report from the Little Rock Police Department.

When the woman told the boy to get out, he began swearing, and she grabbed his arm to take him to the principal's office, police said.

As they walked, the boy began hitting and punching her, the report said. Teachers at the school said the janitor attempted to protect herself but did not hit him back.

When police arrived, they found red marks and bruises along the woman's arms and wrists. The boy told officers he was not injured, according to the report.

Police said the 10-year-old was suspended indefinitely, and his mother was "no longer allowed at the school because of her behavior towards the staff."

Robber raids till at LR gas station

A southwest Little Rock gas station was robbed by a man who wore socks on his hands and acted as though he had a gun, according to a police report.

An employee of the Fudinn Hud gas station at 13622 Sardis Road told officers that a man with a black bandanna over thet lower half of his face came into the store shortly before 8:30 p.m. Friday. The robber had black socks on his hands, the clerk told police.

The robber ran behind the sales counter, acted as if he was carrying a gun and threatened to kill the employee if he did not give him the contents of the cash register, the report stated.

The clerk told officers that the robber took an unspecified amount of cash from the register and the clerk's cellphone before fleeing.

The man reportedly dropped one of the socks, which authorities collected as evidence.

Police have named no suspects, and no arrests had been made at the time of the report.

Metro on 11/07/2017