Region continues to pedal for trails
Posted: March 26, 2017 at midnight
The regional trail system will grow in miles and connectivity as municipalities ride toward 2020.
Trail System Communities
The Northwest Arkansas Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan identifies 32 communities in Benton and Washington counties that are a part of the regional trail system. They include:
• Bella Vista*
• Bethel Heights*
• Cave Springs*
• Elm Springs*
• Little Flock*
• Pea Ridge*
• Prairie Grove*
• Siloam Springs*
• Sulphur Springs
• West Fork*
*indicates community also has individual action plan
Source: Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission
Master Plan Catalyst Projects
The 17 catalyst projects identified in the Northwest Arkansas Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan include:
• University of Arkansas Loop: 1.4 miles from Razorback Regional Greenway and Maple Street to Oak Ridge Trail.
• Northeast Fayetteville Loop: 4.2. miles from Lafeyette Street to Mud Creek Trail.
• Northwest Fayetteville Loop: 6.5 miles from the Greenway to Asbell Bikeway.
• Fayetteville to Farmington Loop: 11 miles from the Greenway in south Fayetteville to Farmington and reconnecting to the Greenway via Tsa-La-Gi Trail.
• West Springdale Loop: 10.1 miles from the Greenway in downtown Springdale to the Greenway at Don Tyson Parkway.
• Fayetteville to West Fork: 11.7 miles from Fayetteville Regional Park entrance to West Fork Riverside Park.
• Watershed Sanctuary: 3.8 miles from the Watershed Sanctuary in Cave Springs to the Greenway.
• Lake Bella Vista to the Missouri border: 8.1 miles from the Greenway at Lake Bella Vista to the Missouri Border.
• Siloam Springs City Lake to the Kayak Park: 7.7 miles.
• Lincoln Lake to Cane Hill: 7.9 miles.
• Gentry to Siloam Springs City Lake: 5.5 miles from downtown Gentry to City Lake.
• Little Sugar Creek: 12.9 miles from the Greenway to the Pea Ridge National Military Park.
• Farmington to Siloam Springs: 16 miles from Farmington to the Kayak Park.
• Bentonville to Elm Springs: 10.9 miles with connection through Cave Springs.
• Bentonville to Centerton: 5.3 miles downtown to downtown.
• Rogers North-South Connector: 7.5 miles from Dixieland Road to the Aquatics Center and Price Lane.
• Elm Springs to Tontitown Loop: 9.1 miles.
Source: NWA Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan
This story is only available from our archives.