Rogers Official Begin Work On 2015 Budget
Posted: September 1, 2014 at 1 a.m.
ROGERS -- Establishing a multimillion dollar city budget is a long process that includes department heads, the mayor, the finance director, aldermen and residents.
At A Glance
The Rogers city budget process has begun. Over the next three months officials will:
• Meet with department heads to discuss individual budgets. That process will end around Sept. 29
• A preliminary budget will be published and distributed to aldermen on Oct. 21.
• A committee of the whole meeting is set for Oct. 28 in Council Chambers at City Hall. The meeting is open to the public.
• If there are revisions to the budget after the committee of the whole meeting, changes will be to reflect aldermen’s wishes and returned to department heads for review.
• Aldermen are expected to approve the 2015 budget on Nov. 25 during the regular council meeting.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.