Walton Arts Center Board Suggests Governance Changes
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
FAYETTEVILLE -- After more than a year of discussion, attorneys for the city, University of Arkansas and Walton Family Foundation have come up with a proposal for how the Walton Arts Center should be governed in the years ahead.
Proposed Governance Changes
Go to the online version of this story at nwaonline.com to read documents related to the Walton Arts Center’s proposed governance changes.
At A Glance
Walton Arts Center Council
The Walton Arts Center Council currently has 20 members — five city of Fayetteville appointees, five University of Arkansas appointees and 10 members selected by the council at large.
Under proposed changes, the city’s and university’s 10 appointees would remain. Nine members would be selected by the Walton Family Foundation, a philanthropic organization run by the descendants of Sam and Helen Walton.
The Walton Arts Center’s current makeup is:
• Steve Clark — President and CEO, Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce
• Hershey Garner — Radiation Oncologist, Highlands Oncology Group
• Tina Hodne — Realtor, Coldwell Banker Harris McHaney & Faucette
• Barbara Taylor — Former Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Relations, University of Arkansas
• Bill Waite — Owner, Dickson Street Liquor
• Carolyn Henderson Allen — Dean, University Libraries, University of Arkansas
• David Gay — Economics Professor, University of Arkansas
• Mike Johnson — Associate Vice Chancellor, Facilities Management, University of Arkansas
• Judy Schwab — Associate Vice Chancellor, Administration, University of Arkansas
• Matt Trantham — Senior Associate Athletic Director for Internal Operations, University of Arkansas
• John Agwunobi — Senior Vice President and President of Health and Wellness, Walmart
• Bob Alexander — Retired art and antique business owner
• David Banks — Retired CEO, Beverly Enterprises
• Jeffrey Gearhart — Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Walmart
• Greg Lee — Retired Chief Administrative Officer and President, Tyson Foods International
• Sara Lilygren — Senior Vice President, External Relations, Tyson Foods
• Arist Mastorides — Vice President, Global Walmart Team, Kimberly-Clark
• Jack Sinclair — Executive Vice President of Grocery Merchandise, Walmart
• Scott Tassani — Vice President/Team Leader, General Mills U.S. Walmart business
• Jerry Walton — Retired Executive Vice President of Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer, J.B. Hunt
Source: Walton Arts Center
This story is only available from our archives.