Construction On Some Rogers Lake Atalanta Renovation Projects To Begin This Summer
Posted: May 12, 2014 at 2:30 a.m.
ROGERS -- Design and construction contracts have been awarded on some portions of the renovation project at Lake Atalanta, and construction on the first of several trails is scheduled to begin in a few weeks, city officials said.
At A Glance
Lake Atalanta Renovation
Improvements planned for the lake, park and expanded area near the park include:
• Construction of a boardwalk with fishing piers on the east side of the lake.
• A walking, biking trail circling the lake.
• Mountain bike trails near the lake and on other city-owned property to the south of the lake.
• Creation of a small waterfall where Diamond and Frisco springs converge before entering the lake.
• Construction of a dog park at the bike park.
• Construction of a natural looking play ground and equipment.
• Addition of picnic tables throughout the park.
• Construction of a small amphitheater.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.