Oklahoma sets review of execution
Must ensure future deaths are kink-free, governor says
Posted: May 1, 2014 at 4:42 a.m.
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin named a member of her Cabinet on Wednesday to lead a review of how the state conducts executions after a botched procedure that the White House said fell short of the humane standards required.
- I've always been in favor of capital punishment and remain that way. 46% 59 votes
- The death penalty is wrong, and this fits the definition of "cruel and unusual punishment." 25% 32 votes
- States should revive older forms of capital punishment, such as the electric chair or firing squad. 18% 23 votes
- States should find alternate drug options for more humane executions. 7% 9 votes
- Other (please comment) 3% 4 votes
127 total votes.
This story is only available from our archives.
Front Section, Pages 1 on 05/01/2014