(Advertisement)

Bentonville house fire kills 34-year-old man

Posted: March 31, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.

A Bentonville fire killed a 34-year-old man in Bentonville early Saturday morning, according to a news release.

Larry Lee Smith II was killed in the house fire at 1109 S.E. 35th St., apparently from smoke inhalation, according to the news release.

Investigators found no suspicious circumstances. The fire apparently started from the stove being left on, and there were no working smoke detectors in the house, according to the news release.

(Advertisement)



« Previous Story

UA receives $7.8 million gift for engineering...

A University of Arkansas in Fayetteville alumnus has pledged more than $7.8 million to the College of Engineering, the school said Monday. Read »

Next Story »

Bentonville man arrested in connection with r...

A Bentonville man was arrested Sunday in connection with the rape of an 11-year-old boy. Read »