Trees Mixing Well With Streets In Northwest Arkansas
Northwest Arkansas Cities Adding Trees To Street Projects...
Posted: March 29, 2014 at 5 a.m.
Benefits ranging from traffic control to cooling air are among the reasons some street projects are including trees along right of way, officials said.
At A Glance (w/logo)
• Reduced traffic speeds
• Creates a safer walking environment
• Separates vehicles from pedestrians, buildings
• Increased security
• Improved business
• Less drainage infrastructure
• Protection from sun, heat and rain
• Reduced harm from tailpipe emissions
• Quicker transformation of pollutants to natural gasses
• Lower urban air temperature
• Lower ozone
• Makes a more pleasing environment
• Softens and screens street features
• Reduces stress
• Adds value to adjacent property
• Longer pavement life
• Provides connection to nature in urban setting
Source: Walkable And Livable Communities Institute
This story is only available from our archives.