Rogers Lake Committee Seeks Park Amenities Designers
Posted: March 29, 2014 at 5 a.m.
ROGERS -- Lake Atalanta renovation plans have been painted with a broad brush; now it's time to design the details of amenities and how they fit together, Lake Atalanta committee members said Friday.
At A Glance
Lake Atalanta Project
Lake Atalanta park renovation is part of a plan to revitalize Rogers’ downtown area. City officials expect to spend between $15 million and $17 million on the two-year renovation project.
Planned park amenities include:
• Walking trails
• Bike trails
• Restroom facilities
• A boardwalk on the east side of the lake, with fishing piers
• Natural playground equipment
• A bike park, dog park and skate park
• A waterfall where two springs converge
• A boat rental facility, bait shop and golf cart rentals are being considered
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.