Rogers Lake Atalanta Road Issue Discussion Set for Tuesday
Posted: March 24, 2014 at 5 a.m.
What might be the final discussion on closing Lake Atalanta Road is scheduled for 5 p.m. Tuesday.
The Rogers City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers of City Hall, 301 W. Chestnut St. A public hearing on whether to close Lake Atalanta Road is scheduled for 5 p.m. Agenda items include:
• Adopting the 2012 International Building Code complete with appendices.
• A $1.2 million contract with Johnson Construction for left turn lanes at Oak Street and Olrich Street intersections with Dixieland Road.
• A $67,746 contract with Johnson Construction for striping Garrett Road.
• A $436,340 contract with Garver LLC to design 28th Place street between Pauline Whitaker Parkway and Bellview Road.
• Accepting the six lowest bids for towing service for the Police Department.
• A $60,000 contract with Joe Blackburn to buy 0.528 acres at 204 E. Cherry St. for a small parking lot and dog park.
• Rezoning 6028 Stoney Brook Road from agriculture to neighborhood commercial.
Follow John Gore as he live tweets from the Lake Atalanta Road public hearing, www.twitter.com/NWAJohn.
This story is only available from our archives.