Benton County Officials Eye Jail Health Care
Posted: March 12, 2014 at 6 a.m.
Benton County's justices of the peace heard a pitch Tuesday to privatize medical care for inmates in the jail.
At A Glance
Benton County’s Committee of the Whole met Tuesday and recommended for approval:
• Appointing Alicia Tilghman to the Benton County Historical Preservation Commission.
• Changing the interim filling of an emergency vacancy in the Sheriff’s Office.
• Applying for a grant for the Adult Drug Court.
• Spending $1,450 from the Arkansas Festival GIF Grant.
• Spending $4,500 from the Adult Drug Court Discretionary Grant.
• Spending $20,000 from the Maysville Community Center GIF Grant
• Spending $20,000 from the County Clerk’s for moving expenses associated with the Rogers office.
• Deleting a deputy collector supervisor position and adding a deputy collector position.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.