Bentonville Council Approves $5.2 Million Land Purchase
Posted: July 23, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
BENTONVILLE -- The city's Maintenance and Utility departments will be moved to 37 acres near the municipal airport as the City Council approved buying the land for $5.2 million Tuesday night.
At A Glance
Bentonville’s City Council met Tuesday and approved:
• A property line adjustment at 2201 S.E Moberly Lane in the Sunshine School Subdivision.
• Rezoning the southeast corner of Southeast 20th Street and Southeast Moberly Lane from residential office to general commercial for a car dealership.
• Property line adjustment for Woodlands at Creekside apartment complex on Northwest A Street.
• Placement of artwork, NuPenny’s Last Stand by Randy Regier, in the alley on the east side of Main Street between Central Avenue and Southwest Second St.
• A $48,888 contract with General Construction Solutions for build sidewalks along Southeast C Street.
• A $68,985 contract to build pathways of the Legacy Orchards at Orchards Park.
• A $36,990 contract with Modern Fence and Supply Company to repair and replace seven gates at the city’s inventory warehouse and Electric Department.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.