New Interchange In Springdale Now Open To Drivers
Posted: July 8, 2014 at 1:30 a.m.
SPRINGDALE -- A new interchange for Interstate 49 could help relieve traffic on Sunset Avenue and provide another way for drivers to get to Arvest Ballpark and the surrounding area.
At A Glance
Benefits Of Interstates
• Interstates help improve business productivity.
• Interstates help control production and distribution costs.
• Driving is safer on interstates than on other roads.
• Increased mobility creates more job opportunities.
• Interstates make travel for recreation easier.
• Interstates can act as evacuation and rescue routes in emergency situations.
Walmart officials announced June 26 they plan to open a Neighborhood Market on Don Tyson Parkway near the Interstate 49 interchange. The store will be 41,000 square feet in size and is expected to create 95 jobs. Officials expect the store to open in the fall of 2015.
Source: Staff Report
This story is only available from our archives.