(Advertisement)

Electric cord cited in fatal NYC blaze

Fireman, 40, killed in rescue attempt

Posted: July 7, 2014 at 3:40 a.m.

NEW YORK -- A high-rise fire that killed a fire lieutenant started in a pinched electrical cord in a cluttered apartment, fire officials said Sunday, adding that the fire had been ruled accidental.

This story is only available from our archives.

(Advertisement)



« Previous Story

Hurdles many in solving alien crisis, officia...

WASHINGTON -- The legal, humanitarian and political constraints facing President Barack Obama's administration... Read »

Next Story »

In the news

• Ban Ki-moon, the United Nations secretary-general, announced that the U.N., which employs 43,000 worldwide, is recognizing the gay marriages of all its staff member... Read »